Friday, November 13, 2009

Broken Chair: Caranina Bertone

I found my chair in someone's garbage on garbage day



The chair was very stable
except for the back rest which was totally gone
and the pieces extending from the seat on all sides
were very wobbly and falling out of their places


























I originally wanted to extend out the back pieces
because they had become freed from their original back rest
but it would have been difficult to make those stable for leaning back
















I then thought to get rid of the back pieces altogether
and since I intended to use the chair
as a clothes rest anyways
I decided to make a clothes rack instead
for clothes which would usually be kept on my bed
















































In the process...
























I decided to cover the vertical pieces
with magazine collage
because I was unhappy with the colour of the wood I added
and it will look more personal and unique
















In use...


























No comments:

Post a Comment